Diversity, Equity & Inclusion/Human Resources Council
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion/Human Resources Council convenes to discuss talent development issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion to support a thriving local economy that creates upward economic mobility for the region’s frontline workforce.
The Council is committed to supporting business and talent development leaders by providing a venue to discuss human resources-related topics, exchange ideas, and stay abreast of changing business practices to make strategic, employee-centered investments that promote business growth and advance employees’ economic opportunity.
TOPICS TO BE EXPLORED
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Unconscious/implicit bias
- Talent recruitment and retention
- Fair Chance and Impact Hiring
- Work-life harmony and family-friendly policies and practices
- Inclusive leadership
- Training and talent development
- Immigration in the workplace, DACA, H1b, E-Verify
- Workplace wellness
- Outsourcing and insourcing
WHO CAN ATTEND?
We welcome company and organization representatives who are responsible for Human Resources, talent development and/or overall company leadership, including small businesses.
TENTATIVE 2019 DATES
This council will convene four to six times per year at the L.A. Area Chamber.
For more information, contact Julian Lucas, 213.580.7551.