Proposition 68 - CA Drought, Water, Parks, Climate Coastal Protection & Outdoor Access for All Act - SUPPORT
Proposition 68 (Formerly SB 5) California Drought, Water, parks, Climate Coastal Protection and Outdoor Access for All Act of 2018.This ballot measure would authorize the State to issue $4.1 billion in general obligation bonds for state and local parks, environmental protection and restoration projects, water infrastructure projects and flood protection.
Proposition 68 would authorize California to issue $4 billion in general obligation bonds to fund projects and programs that address water quality and supply, and environmental protection and restoration. Water quality and supply programs and projects would receive $1.27B in bond funding (30 percent) and environmental protection and restoration projects would receive $2.83B in funding (70 percent). Between 15 and 20 percent of bond funds would be required to fund projects in communities with a median household income below 60 percent of the statewide average.
Major Project and Program Categories:
- Groundwater clean up to improve water quality
- Flood protection and repair
- Clean drinking water and drought
- Parks in urban and disadvantaged communities
- Improves state park tourism
- Helps address backlogs of deferred maintenance in State Parks
- Invests in rural communities