Upon review, the L.A. Area Chamber can issue a Certificate of Free Sale for products legally sold in the United States*. A Certificate of Free Sale states that the company selling the products has submitted evidence to us that the products listed on the certificate are freely sold in the United States.
>> VIEW A SAMPLE
*Please note that a Chamber-issued certificate is not a substitute for documentation issued by the FDA or U.S. Department of Agriculture. We recommend you verify with the foreign customs agency whether or not a Chamber-issued certificate will suffice.
What are the Certificate of Free Sale requirements?
We require the following documents in order to issue a certificate of free sale:
1. You must submit a written declaration from the manufacturer attesting to the source of manufacturing for all products listed in the certificate (submitted once every 12 months). In the event you are not able to attain a statement from the manufacturer directly, you must submit a notarized declaration issued on your own company's letterhead attesting to the source of manufacturing.
2. For each product you would like listed on the Certificate of Free Sale, your company must submit copies of invoices showing the sale of each product to a U.S. customer. The invoices should be dated within the last 12 months and the product names must be the same as how they will appear on the certificate. Please note that if you have more than one product, we can list them all on one certificate (though we will still need copies of invoices showing the sale of each product to U.S. customers).Please email these documents once you have submitted the online form.
**Please note certificates of free sale can only be issued for California companies.
How do I purchase a Certificate of Free Sale?
Fill out our online form and submit the documents outlined above in the requirements section.
How much is a Certificate of Free Sale?
Fees are per individual certificate:
- $100 for all non-member companies; $60 for Chamber members
- Each certificate covers the first 100 products, orders exceeding this amount will be charged $25 for each additional 100 products after.
- Prepayment is required at the time of application. We accept AMEX, Visa, MasterCard - payments are non-refundable
- Once all of the above has been submitted, the Certificate takes 5-7 days to process.