05.26.17 Ralphs Western & Manchester Grand Re-Opening
Ralphs Grocery Company is continuing its goal of bringing health, wellness and jobs to the diverse communities its supermarkets serve with the grand re-opening of its latest remodeled store at 1730 Manchester Avenue in South Los Angeles on Friday, May 26. The 45,000 square-foot store’s renovation includes expanded and upgraded produce, meat, seafood, bakery and deli departments. The store will also offer customers a wide range of fresh, organic and natural meats, produce and seafood. “Our remodeled Western & Manchester store has an even greater focus on health and wellness with a large assortment of natural and organic offerings,” said Valerie Jabbar, Ralphs president. “We designed this store with the neighborhood it serves in mind – offering specialized design features, an outstanding selection of fresh food options, personalized customer service and great prices.” Customers will enjoy a variety of new and unique enhancements, including:
• An expansive selection of natural foods, including organic, gluten-free and other specialty, dietary-specific items
• A full-service Bakery with artisan breads, pastries, cakes, donuts, rolls baked daily in-store, along with ethnic treats
• A service Delicatessen featuring a sandwich bar and a full menu of fresh-prepared entree items and salads
• An expanded Meat/Seafood Department featuring a full-service meat and seafood counter with an added selection of natural and organic products
• An enlarged Produce Department featuring an abundance of fresh and organic fruits and vegetables
• An in-store Starbucks café with seating and free Wi-Fi. The store’s Starbucks also features a specially-commissioned mural by local Los Angeles artist Allison Kunath
• A “Money Shop” offering a wide variety of financial services, including money transfers, money orders, payroll and government check-cashing.
The remodeled store also boasts several environmentally-friendly features that contribute to a greener community. It is Ralphs’ second totally illuminated LED store, which provides for superior lighting and reduced energy consumption. The store also features other green technologies designed to improve energy efficiencies. To serve customers, the Western & Manchester Ralphs will employ approximately 90 full- and part-time associates, including 20 new-hires from the surrounding community. The store is managed by Ray Sum, who began his career in 1982 as a part-time Courtesy Clerk. He has managed the Manchester & Western Ralphs since 2012. “We are excited to share our newly remodeled store with our customers,” Sum said. “At Ralphs, we focus on friendly service and fresh products, and we believe that shoppers will be pleased with our renovated store with a new bakery, deli, fresh meats, greater selection of fresh produce as well as the great prices we offer every day. We are also pleased and proud to bring new jobs into this vibrant neighborhood.” In celebration of the store’s grand re-opening, Ralphs officials, store associates and local dignitaries participated in the store’s grand re-opening ribbon-cutting ceremony on Friday, May 26 at 8 a.m. Richard Thomas, the store’s most senior associate, had the honor of cutting the ribbon. Thomas, a produce clerk, began his Ralphs career in 1976. Ralphs also made donations to George Washington Preparatory High School and La Salle Elementary School as part of its ongoing commitment to make a positive impact in the communities it serves. The Washington Prep High School Marching Generals marching band also performed at the store’s grand re-opening celebration. Other special grand re-opening events include character appearances, product giveaways, samplings and raffle drawings. The Western & Manchester Ralphs has been serving the community for more than 60 years.
(Click on thumbnails to view larger photos)
Other Photo Albums