As the country and our region addresses COVID-19, the Chamber would like to connect those that need supplies with manufacturers that may be able to fulfill those needs. View current opportunities for both suppliers and those in need.
The Chamber is working to ensure that our community has the information and resources they need to weather this crisis. Take advantage of our free webinars and virtual forums from the comfort of your own home.
Health & Safety
The Safer at Work and in the Community Health Officer Order requires that all businesses adhere to posted public health protocols including those related to social distancing and other industry specific protocols which can be found at http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/.
In addition, all businesses are required to report to public health if they identify more than 3 cases of COVID-19 in the workplace within a span of 14 days. This cluster of cases must be reported to either of the following phone numbers: 888.397.3993 or 213.240.7821. Public Health will in turn initiate a cluster response which includes providing infection control guidance and recommendations, technical support and site specific control measures. A public health case manager will also be assigned to the cluster investigation to help guide the facility in its response.
Public Health offers a variety of other resources available at the link noted above such as posters for customers outlining physical distancing and infection control mandates, guidance on how to respond to a single case of COVID in the workplace, and how to do employee or visitor screenings prior to entry to the worksite.
Information regarding how to deal with non-compliant customers will be shared once it becomes available.
Education & Student Resources
Small Business & Startups
- FREE 1:1 Advising and Mentorship with Bixel Exchange's Startup LAunch Tech SBDC
Startup LAunch is offering free 1:1 advising and mentorship to navigate your business challenges, including helping you with technology plans for setting up remote work stations for employees; concerns about cashflow during disruption; and concerns about credit and finance issues. Learn more and apply today.
- LA SBDC COVID-19 Response Guide - Federal, State and Regional Support
- U.S. Chamber Coronavirus Response Toolkit with Social Media Graphics
- The CO - includes easy-to-read articles on adapting your business to COVID-19
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CA GO-Biz Helpful Information for Employers and Workers
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance Fact Sheet
- ICIC: Small Business Resource Center
- Pace Women's Business Development Center - Get assistance in the following languages: Spanish, Chinese, Cambodian, Thai, Korean, Vietnamese, French, Hindi and Malaysian.
- Resilience Toolkit for Los Angeles Businesses
- Small Business Owner's Guide to the CARES Act
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist
- Los Angeles County America's Job Centers of California
- SCORE: Free, federally-funded organization that provides mentoring to small businesses. They offer mentoring calls/video chats, online education, and weekly webinars. Mentors are available to provide guidance to small business owners to identify funding sources, readying financial statements and information for application, how to best use loan, next steps and alternate sources of funding if denied.
- Public Counsel is offering free legal services to child care providers, small businesses or nonprofits serving low income communities that need legal help due to COVID-19. They can potentially help them understand their employment obligations, whether they qualify for any loans/grants from the federal/state/local governments, whether they need to pay rent if their business was impacted by COVID, whether they can charge tuition while closed. For more information, contact Ritu Mahajan.
- FAQ on COVID-19 Business Interruption Insurance
- Safe Companies can help your business devise a plan to keep their people and company safe. This service is available free of charge to interested businesses either in a webinar, video call or onsite in-depth analysis. Learn more.
LOANS & FUNDING RESOURCES:
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Save Small Business Fund
- Wells Fargo Launches Paycheck Protection Program Application Tool for Customers
- L.A. County Department of Workforce Development, Aging and Community Services Employer Assistance Grant Fund
- SBA Offers Disaster Assistance to California Small Businesses Economically Impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to California small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Read more. Applicants may apply online, receive additional disaster assistance information and download applications at http://covid19relief.sba.gov. Applicants may also call SBA's Customer Service Center at 800.659.2955 or email email@example.com for more information on SBA disaster assistance.
- JFLA Loans Available for Those Affected by Coronavirus
Jewish Free Loan Association (JFLA) is offering no fee and interest-free loans of up to $10,000 to cover: small business losses, lost wages, child care costs and funds lost due to cancelled travel plans. Learn more.
- City of L.A. Small Business Resilience Guide with Loan Program Links
- CalCAP Small Business Lender Contact List
- PCR State Guarantee and new Disaster Guarantee
- EXIM Extends Assistance to U.S. Customers and Lenders Amid COVID-19 Outbreak
- California IBank has a Small Business Loan Guarantee Program for guarantees currently up to $1 million and a micro lending program for loans up to $10,000 with accommodations for disasters. The program is run with Financial Development Corporation partners.
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- Google pledges $800+ million to support small businesses and crisis response
- Los Angeles City Small Business Emergency Microloan Program
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan - Guide to Submitting Your Application
- The Paycheck Protection Plan – U.S. Treasury Department authorized up to $349 billion toward job retention and certain other expenses. Small businesses would receive funds to pay up to 8 weeks of payroll costs including benefits. Read the SBA press release. Get an overview of the new program, lender information and borrower information here.
- Paycheck Protection Program Venturize Lender List
- Paycheck Protection Program SBA Lender List
- Facebook Small Business Grants
- Facebook Small Business Grants - Spanish
- LISC Small Business Relief Grant Application - Offering grants of up to $20,000 each to small business owners to help meet their most immediate needs. APPLY BEFORE WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17 AT 8:59PM PST
- LISC LA's Kiva Accelerator Fund, provides loans for Small Food Businesses During COVID-19. Connect with a Trustee.
- Receiving Economic Impact Payment Page - The FDIC developed a webpage dedicated to helping consumers get the information they need to receive the Economic Impact Payment (AKA stimulus check) electronically
- CD9 Small Business Relief Fund Loan Application - Learn more.
The Resuming Business Toolkit is designed to assist employers in slowing the spread of COVID-19  and lowering the impact in their workplace when reintegrating employees into non-healthcare business settings. Not sure whether you’re ready to resume business? Use CDC’s decision tools [2-3] as a start.
Calling ALL Californians: Shop Safe Shop Local - Governor Newsom's Task Force on Business and Jobs Recovery, along with CalOSBA and GO-Biz, are helping Californians #ShopSafeShopLocal to support small businesses and help all of our diverse neighborhoods thrive. Learn more.
On May 29, Mayor Garcetti launched the first phase of L.A. Al Fresco to support outdoor dining opportunities for restaurants hit hard by the COVID-19 crisis. Al Fresco aims to help local businesses reopen safely, and allow customers and employees to maintain physical distancing, by temporarily relaxing the rules that regulate outdoor dining. Learn more.
LISC Neighborhood Business Grants
Thanks to extraordinarily generous funding from Lowe's, LISC is inviting small business owners in 15 locations across America - including Los Angeles - to apply for the LISC Lowe's Neighborhood Business Grants program.
The application period is now open. Apply here.
How Can You Help?
- Help Your California Safely with COVID-19
California Volunteers has provided a guide to the ways in which every Californian can safely help their community during these difficult times. Learn some ways you can make a difference. Read more.
- L.A. Emergency COVID-19 Crisis Fund
Donate to the Mayor's Fund for Los Angeles to help support families, provide critical services and strengthen emergency response.
- American Red Cross Blood Donation Needed
The American Red Cross faces a severe blood shortage due to an unprecedented number of blood drive cancellations during this coronavirus outbreak, and donations are needed. You can also help spread the word.
- United Way of Greater Los Angeles Announces L.A. Emergency Relief Fund To Support L.A.’s Most Vulnerable During Coronavirus Response
The Pandemic Relief Fund will support L.A. County's unsheltered residents who are especially vulnerable to the coronavirus, and low-income individuals, students and families at imminent risk of homelessness and hardships due to health and economic impacts of coronavirus. Learn more and donate today.
- L.A. Works Virtual Volunteer Opportunities
Resources for Nonprofits
Resources from Our Members
- See how some of our Chamber Members are giving back in the U.S. Chamber’s Corporate Aid Tracker.
- SoCalGas Announces Suspension of Service Disconnections as Part of Company's COVID-19 Response
Southern California Gas Co. (SoCalGas) has announced a suspension of service disconnections to any customers who are having a hard time paying their bill. Read more.
- Charter to Offer Free Access to Spectrum Broadband and Wi-Fi For 60 Days For New K-12 and College Student Households and More
Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1.844.488.8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households. Read more.
- Microsoft has compiled a list of resources to help state and government respond to COVID-19 and rebound from its effects. This resource site will be updated regularly with relevant content to help both address current realities and reimagine the future of government.
- American Express is assisting many of their customers during this time with Funding Solutions. Contact Local Regional Manager, Lori Nuzzolilo, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn what you qualify for and to handle the application process. Learn more.
- South Coast AQMD Expediting Permits to Aid COVID-19 Efforts
In order to provide full support for public health and safety efforts, South Coast Air Quality Management District will prioritize and expedite the permitting process for businesses and organizations changing operations or repurposing efforts to aid in supply issues in response to COVID-19. Read more.
- Sempra Energy Foundation To Donate Up To $1 Million To California Nonprofits Impacted By COVID-19
Sempra Energy today announced that the Sempra Energy Foundation will donate up to $1 million to help small to medium-sized nonprofits in California as they continue to serve critical needs related to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Read more.
- SoCalGas Launches “SoCalGas CAREs” Campaign to Bring Awareness to CARE Assistance Program for Customers Facing Financial Hardship due to COVID-19
- Los Angeles Center For Ear, Nose, Throat and Allergy can help customize testing for your business. Learn more. Website: www.covidtts.com
Pro Bono Legal Services for Those Hit by COVID-19
LA Represents is a coalition providing bono services for those hit hardest by COVID-19. There will be services around tenant advocacy, domestic violence resources, employment protections as well as providing assistance to small businesses. Learn more.
- Are you a senior in need of free meal assistance?
If you're a senior in need of meal assistance, it's not too late to apply to join LA County's Great Plates Delivered Program.
Through Great Plates Delivered, LA County is providing three (3) home-delivered meals a day to qualifying older adults & adults over 60 who are at high-risk for COVID-19.
This effort aims to assist County residents in need of home delivered meals, as well as help get our local restaurant, hospitality and transportation community back to work.
See if you're eligible, by by clicking here. Click here to apply in English.To apply in Spanish, click here. If you have questions & are a meal applicant, email: email@example.com or call 211 for multi-lingual assistance over the phone.
- Walmart's 7th Annual Open Call application process is open now through August 10. We invite entrepreneurs dreaming of landing their shelf-ready, U.S.-manufactured products on Walmart shelves to apply for the opportunity to meet with Walmart buyers on October 1 via virtual pitch meetings. For more information about Walmart’s 7th Annual Open Call, please visit here, and to apply or share the application please visit here. Join the conversation via your social channels by using #WalmartOpenCall.
With the economic impacts on small businesses due to the COVID-19 pandemic, now more than ever, it is critical to support our local restaurants, food and beverage vendors. See our full list of member restaurants, food and beverage vendors.
Human Resources & Workplace