by L.A. Area Chamber
We have been working remotely and now will close our offices to comply with the orders from the State, County and City. Supervisor Kathryn Barger and Mayor Garcetti announced the Safer at Home order, given the current health concerns due to COVID-19. Our work continues – remotely. We remain accessible to you during this critical time to provide information, to speak directly with policymakers on the issues of great importance to our region.
We have also made certain adjustments to our programs and events to ensure a healthy and safe community. Policy and Global Initiatives Council meetings as well as other Chamber committee meetings (including World Trade Week subcommittee meetings) will be moved to a virtual format or rescheduled.
Events and programs scheduled for March, April and May will be rescheduled for a future date. Those include:
- Leadership L.A. 2020 Welcome Mixer - originally scheduled for March 19
- Leadership L.A. 2020 Seminar - originally scheduled for March 19 & March 20
- A Three-In-One Event: Business Made Social - originally scheduled for March 26
- Accenture Pancakes & Politics - originally scheduled for March 27
- L.A.'s Leading Women - our Women's History Month celebration originally scheduled for March 31
- NextLA Reception - originally scheduled for April 16
- World Trade Week Kickoff Breakfast - originally scheduled for May 5
The Chamber will continue to monitor developments and update you all accordingly. We ask for your patience as we assess this continually evolving situation.
Finally, the Chamber is committed to provide you with the resources and information to address the needs of our region during this unprecedented time. Please be sure to review our daily Resource & Response Guide updates, or visit our website
, for the latest COVID-19 developments and helpful information for your organization.